Build Your Trip to Africa
Syria Local Phrases - Overlanding Africa.com
It is always good to learn a few Syria local phrases for your Overlanding Africa.com trip. This will help you make your way around the country, and will come in handy at the markets when bargaining. Plus, you will also be able to make friends and put the people you meet at ease. Although many Syrians speak English, it is always appreciated when visitors take the time to speak their language.
Some of the most common phrases to learn include the following:
• Yes, Yes: A A (with a nod)
• Excuse Me: Aff-one
• How much money: Gha-daish M-ssary?
• Money: M-ssary
• That is all: BA-SS
• What is the time: Shoo al wa-ght?
• What do you want: Shoo Bad-ak?
• How are you: Key-fack (m)
• How are you: Key-fake (f)
• Thank you: Shou-kran
• No Thank you: La Shou-kran
• Very Much: kh-teer