Build Your Trip to Africa
Jordan Local Phrases - Overlanding Africa.com
Generally speaking, the Jordanian Arabic is fairly simple to learn and is phonetic to a fair extent. Having a few Jordan local phrases on your Overlanding Africa.com trip will help you get around the markets, talk to locals, put people you meet at ease and help you make friends and show respect.
Some of the most useful phrases include the following:
• Hello/Welcome - Ahlan; Ahlan Wa Sahlan
• How are you? (said to a man/woman) - Izzayak/Izzayik?
• Fine/good (said by a man/woman) - Kwayyis/Kwayyisa
• Please (said to a man/woman) - Men Fadlak/Men Fadlik
• Thank you - Shukran
• You're welcome - Afwan
• Goodbye - Ma'Asalaama
• Yes - Aywa
• No - La
• My name is..... - Issmee.....
• Where is the toilet? - Feen El-Hammaam?
• When? - Emta?
• How much (cost)? - Bi Kaam?
• God willing - In Shaallah