Build Your Trip to Africa
Cheap car hire in South Africa
OverlandingAfrica.com is also able to offer cheap South Africa car hire with professional service. We have managed to secure excellent rates for Africa Budget travellers.
Hiring a car is the perfect way to see the highlights of South Africa at your own pace.
Why hire a car with Overlanding Africa?
- Unlimited mileage
- All inclusive rates
- No hidden costs
- Wide range of vehicles
- Most affordable rates
- Friendly and professional service at all times
- A confirmation from our consultants within 24 hours
Details for hiring a car in South Africa:
- All renters must be in possession of a valid international driver’s licence, printed in English, with a photograph and the signature of the holder.
- Your licence must be in English - if not please ensure that you have an official translation of the licence.
- Your licence must be appropriate for the type of vehicle rented.
- You’ll be required to produce your passport when collecting your vehicle.
- Credit cards must be valid and not due to expire within the rental period.
- The signature on the car hire contract must match the signature on the reverse of the renter’s credit card.
- For more than one driver, an additional driver fee will apply.
- A young driver fee is charged per day if under 23.
- A one-way fee will apply when a vehicle is picked up and dropped off at different locations within South Africa.
- Cross-border one-way rentals need to be arranged in advance and a fee based on mileage will be charged.
- The daily rates are calculated strictly in cycles of 24 hours from time of pick-up to time of drop-off. Should you wish to extend your rental, the above conditions and additional costs will apply.
- Minette - OverlandingAfrica.com16 Apr 2012
Hi Warren; this all depends on exactly where in Africa you would like to travel to and take the vehicle. I have forwarded your inquiry to our 'vehicle rentals' team which is operated by Drivesouthafrica.com. A consultant will be emailing you shortly. Cheers!
- Warren15 Apr 2012
Hi There; we looking to do a 6 month trip through africa. I'm looking to possibly rent a toyota landcruiser fully kitted. please could you send me some pricing. Our countries will all of the east up to and including kenya. thanks
- Minette - OverlandingAfrica.com07 Mar 2012
Hi Emily; I have sent you an email with more information. Happy trails!
- Emily Looringh van Beeck07 Mar 2012
We are wanting to hire a 4WD (with camping gear; starting from Cape Town; heading to Namibia and then possibly onto Botswana before making our way back to Johannesberg or Cape Town. The outline of our itinerary is below; please let me know if you have availability and prices involved. Cape Town - Pick up vehicle Kleinzee 2 nights Fish River Canyon 2 nights Soulevessi 2 nights Epupa Falls 3 nights Etosha 5 to 7 nights Okavango Delta 3 nights Johannesberg - Drop off vehicle All together we have about 4 weeks to spend. Look forward to hearing from you soon.
- Minette - OverlandingAfrica.com04 Jan 2012
Hi David; yes we can certainly assist you. I have emailed you some information. Happy trails!
- David F-K04 Jan 2012
Hello; Please can you provide me with some quotes for car rental as follows: Pickup: Jo'burg airport (12th January) Drop: Durban (26th January) Pickup: East London or Port Elizabeth (26th January) Drop: Cape Town (17th February) We require a saloon / sedan. Also what special deal could I be offered on this as it's for a fairly long time overall? Thanks; David.
- fenton griffiths27 Jan 2011
Tania - OverlandingAfrica.com hi Tania i am looking for car hire grom the 2 august 2011 to the 9 august 2011 in joburg and then again from the 10 august 2011 till the 13 august in cape town.looking for something small like a vauxhall corsa size with air-con nothing big i have held a licence for over 25 years in the uk and two years in RSA when i did my national service back in 1984-86.if you are able to help you will be making an old south african very happy thanking you fenton
- Tania - OverlandingAfrica.com27 Jan 2011
Hey Fenton; As long as you have a license then you should be fine. Send us an enquiry listing your requirements and we will take it from there. Cheers;
- fenton griffiths26 Jan 2011
Tania - OverlandingAfrica.com hi its fenton again i have 6 points for no insurence from 3 years ago drove my dadto hospital in car and got stopped
- Tania - OverlandingAfrica.com14 Jan 2011
Hi Fenton; Depends on the endorsement. Send an enquiry and we can take it from there. :) Cheers;
- fenton griffiths13 Jan 2011
i have endorsements on my licence can i still hire a car from you thanking you
- Charl 07 Dec 2010
Hi there I am organise for Deaf tourism for next years. From 11 July to 18 July. Only 20 Deaf guests; 3 Guide tour; one interpreter. I already discuss with my partner we think it better have overlanding truck for easy for us! So can quote or detail about it! I would like one person experience to driver for overlanding truck and tour! If you need any question or detail can send email! I will give u detail! Thanks Charl
- Dayne - OverlandingAfrica.com19 Aug 2010
Hi Stephan; We will be able to assist you with car rental. I have sent you an email with more details about the different options we offer. Cheers
- stephan vissers18 Aug 2010
Hi; do you offer one one rentals from Livingstone/victoria falls to Johannesburg?
- Dayne - OverlandingAfrica.com28 Jun 2010
Hi Sabine; We have great options to rent fully kitted vehicles. We can help you plan your journey and organize all your accommodation for you. I have sent you an email with more details and requesting more information on what you would like to see. Happy Travels
- Sabine Merz24 Jun 2010
Hello Overlanding Africa Team We (Sabine Jost and me) would like to discover South Africa and Namibia from the beginnig of february until the end of april. Do you have 4x4 cars and the possibility to rent a camping gear? Thank you for your efforts Sabine Merz
- Wytze Brandsma01 Jan 1970
Could you inform me about the posibilities and costs for a car rental; pickup from JoBurg to Namibia; Zambia and handing the car in at Livinstone. Thanx for the information Greetings Wytze Brandsma
Overlanding Africa can assist you or point you in the right direction for:
The highlight of my trip had to be Gweru in Zimbabwe, it was my idea of paradise. So much to do there with the animals and the location of it was just beautiful!
— Anne B (27) from Ireland
The trip was great! A very relaxed ride in a mokoro, followed by camping in the Okavango Delta and watching the animals on the islands was awesome!
— Michael & Silke from Germany
I loved every millisecond of the entire trip... Guess what I did in Swakopmund? I skydived out of a plane - woohoo was that AWESOME :-)
— JoJo E (61) from Switzerland
Finally home and had a great timeâ€¦. I loved the shark diving, Sossusvlei and Himba people. Saw Lions, a Leopard, Elephants, Giraffes, everything really! Thanks for…
— John E from Canada
I did not believe in god till i visited Chobe National Park.
— Juca from Uruguay
14 things to do before you die
Do this on the Middle East Trek.Tours with Cappadocia Belly Dancing Night
Do this on the Middle East Trek.Tours with Crac de Chevaliers Castle Tour
Do this on the Cape Town to Nairobi with Gorilla Trek.Tours with Gorilla Trekking in Uganda
Do this on the Best of South Africa.Tours with Kruger National Park Game Drive
Do this on the Cape Town to Nairobi Epic.Tours with Mt Kilimanjaro Trekking
Do this on the Best of South West Africa.Tours with Okavango Delta Mokoro Excursion
Do this on the Best of East Africa.Tours with Serengeti National Park Excursion
Do this on the Best of South West Africa.Tours with Victoria Falls Flight of Angels
Do this on the Best of South West Africa.Tours with White Water Rafting on the Zambezi River
5 PLACES WORTH CHECKING OUT IN AFRICA
Visit Etosha National Park on the Best of South West AfricaTours through Etosha National Park
Visit Serengeti National Park on the Best of East AfricaTours through Serengeti National Park