So much to see and do - where do you start? Here is a short list of things to do and things not to do on a trip to Zimbabwe.
- Have cash in USD or ZAR to pay for day-to-day items and activities
- Spend a extra day or 2 at either end of your trip visiting the local sites
- See more than just Victoria Falls!
- Take a Lion for a walk at Antelope Park, Gweru (the best campsite in Africa in my humble opinion)
- Get the most out of Zimbabwe by using local guides for sights and activities
- Stick to designated areas and trails within Victoria Falls National Park
- Barter the price for your curios
- Keep your valuables secure at all times
- Leave photocopies of your documentation with someone at home
- Take time to chat to the locals about non-political issues
- they are REAL people too
- Believe everything you hear on the news channels
- Rely on your Credit Card to pay for things (if the charges don't get you the exchange rate will)
- Take photos of any Police or military people or of any check point, border post or installation
- Exchange money 'on the street'
- Buy curios without bartering first but also don't fight over a few measly cents
- Walk around Harare at night
- Expect Zimbabwe to be like your home country
- this is Africa!