Our travel agents at Overlanding Africa went out to the streets once more to ask locals about things one should get up to around Cape Town. From a long list, here are your top seven things to do and top seven things NOT to do in Cape Town this festive season.
- Barter for curios at Green Market Square
- Visit the eco-friendly food market at The Old Biscuit Mill
- Check out Table Mountain
- Picnic at Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
- Shark-cage diving in Simon's Town
- Take a township tour with friends
- Drive on the left
- Walk in the city late at night, especially on your own
- Give street kids money! A sandwich is much better
- Let a meter taxi rip you off, negotiate your rate
- Miss a sunset from Camps Bay beach; sundowner in hand
- Walk the streets with cameras dangling
- Don't get a fright when the Noon Gun (cannon) goes off
- Forget to take a city tour on the big red City Sightseeing bus!
Enjoy a safe and exhilirating travel experience this festive season.