Overlanders often ask us about renting a car before/after their trip, to do some siteseeing. The guys from Drive South Africa offer some handy tips to make an intelligent car hire decision when booking online:
1) Book in advance to get the best car hire deal
2) Know your vehicle requirements
3) Check if the car hire agency has call centre consultants you can speak to
4) Compare quotes from all major car hire companies – Avis, Hertz, Budget, Europcar, Alamo etc.
5) Check prices at car hire comparison websites
6) Check insurance details before making a reservation
7) Check if the rental company offer road-side assistance?
Refuel the rental car before you return it
9) Check cancellation penalties
10) Return the vehicle on time to avoid extra charges
So whether you are dealing with car hire in Cape Town or car hire Sicily, these are the tips that are going to ensure a fuss free car hire experience!
Do you have some good advice for booking car hire intelligently online? Give us your ideas in the comments below.
Looking to Hire a car in Europe? Check out these website:
Italy Car Hire:
France Car Hire:
London Car Hire: