13 things to do and 12 things NOT to do in Cape Town this summer
- from the locals who live here!
- Take a mini bus taxi down Long Street for the fun of it
- Eat a crocodile steak at Mama Africa's
- Barter for curios at Green Market Square
- Pat a Great White Shark
- Sleep in an Airstream Trailer on a roof above Long Street!
- Visit the eco friendly food market at The Old Biscuit Mill
- Check out Table Mountain
- Picnic at Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
- Protect yourself against the sun!
- Give street kids food (not money)
- Greet the locals
- Drive on the left
- Drink the tap water
- Walk in the city late at night, especially on your own
- Give street kids money! A sandwich will work much better
- Spend your nights in boring hotels!
- Let a meter taxi rip you off, negotiate your rate
- Miss a sunset from Camps Bay beach, sundowner in hand
- Drink Mampoer - it (really) hurts in the morning!
- Walk the streets with cameras dangling and dripping in jewellery. This is not New York
- Worry about malaria - there isn't any
- Don't get a fright when the Noon Gun (cannon) goes off!
- Forget to take a city tour on a big red double decker bus!
- Go to Cape Point when the south easter is blowing
- go kite surfing at Blouberg instead
Contact OverlandingAfrica.com or post your comments below.